Yappy terriers

I've been listening to podcasts on global warming and the future (both Stanford and Oxford universities have excellent lectures on itunes U), a lot of what I'm hearing scares me, but the fact that some really smart people are working on solving some of the earth's problems is comforting. That's not the feeling I get when reading what the skeptics are saying. Richard Dawkins, (speaking about creationism, but I think the analogy travels) compares them to Yappy terriers (I'm not sure the skeptics on global warming is as benign as terriers though) and as I already have an obnoxious terrier at home and seldom consult her when seeking information. I think I'll ignore the skeptics for the time being. For some examples of how the debate is going check the comments I did get on this post (occasionally rather nasty reading )

7 comments:

  1. I also am comforted that many very smart people are working on the problem, scary as it is. That being said, there are certainly some very noisy and stubborn people like that Mike fellow there at the other site.

    Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asta obnoxious? I don't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent!! (love the dog:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:33 PM

    I read the comments to your blog posting. It's unfortunate how some people react like truculent children when in an open but anonymous forum (ironically I'm posting anonymously).

    Anyway I like your drawings a lot. It looks like my sketchbook but way better:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Draw, beauty.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great image!

    As for climate change, surely we'd rather fix things and be proven wrong that let it happen then realise it was the case... Stupid terriers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks all, it's strange that certain people are so sure about things, I'm not sure about the science surrounding climate change but I can't see how we could gamble on this issue

    ReplyDelete